26603 FM 2978, Magnolia, TX 77354
Mailing address: PO Box 1969 Tomball, TX 77377
Phone: 1 (866) 516-9805
Fax: (281) 357-0775
October 1st, 2019: Any garbage cans lost during Tropical Storm Imelda may be found curbside in front of the Apple Hollow Detention Pond or the Clayton’s Park Detention Pond.
Replacement Recycling Bin
If you are wanting to order a replacement Recycling Bin, please contact Si Environmental Customer Service at (832) 490-1600.
Excessive Heavy Garbage
2019-09-05: The District has received complaints regarding excessive heavy garbage left at curbs by occupants or previous occupants of residences in the District. Please be advised that pursuant to Section 5.A. of the District’s Amended Rate Order, “If, in the opinion of the District and/or its garbage collection provider, excessive garbage is left for collection by a renter of property within the District, then the property owner shall be responsible for removal of such garbage. If the property owner fails to remove the garbage from the property within five (5) days of receipt of written notification regarding removal of such garbage from the property, then the District will remove the garbage and backcharge the owner for such removal.”
- Trash service days are Monday and Thursday.
- Recycling service days are Thursday.
- Items must be placed out curbside by 7:00 am.
- Up to six (6) cans/bags of properly contained household waste each weighing less than 40 pounds will be accepted for weekly pickup.
- Trash will be collected curbside (must be placed within three feet (3’) of curb).
- Yard waste, and bulk items will be collected curbside.
- All trash and yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Bulk items will be picked up on Thursday. There is a limit of one (1) bulk item per household per day.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), large sofas and sleepers over five (5) feet in length, furniture with metal frames and other metal items, improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Excluded Liquid Waste – Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
- Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request.
- Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
- Recycling Items Accepted: Glass, plastics 1-7, thin plastic, paper, cardboard, tin/aluminum cans (only exception is Styrofoam in the #6 plastic category)
- No sorting of different types of recycling items is required, but Residential Recycling prefers, although does not require, that recycling items be placed in clear or light blue transparent bags before they are placed in the cart. Residential Recycling will not collect recycling items that are placed in black bags.
- Excluded Recycling items: Styrofoam, Computer Parts, Electronics, Batteries, Medical Waste, Biohazard, Fireworks, Ceramics, mirrors, porcelain, pottery, commercial glass, light bulbs, wire hangers, paint cans, baby diapers, Used paper towels, paper plates, or napkins, etc.
- Items that are for commercial use do not fall under the Household Recycling Umbrella.
- Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a scheduled pickup day, service will resume the next scheduled collection day following the holiday.