03-31-2022 – Recycling Change Effective April 1, 2022
Due to changes in the recycling industry, effective April 1, recycling material MUST be contained and secured in your recycling bin OR clear bags only. Recycling not contained properly WILL be disposed of with garbage collection. Click here for recycling guidelines.
03-30-2022 – The District will hold its free semi-annual e-recycling collection event in Spring 2022. Electronic recyclable items include: personal computers, keyboards, mice, speakers, cords and cables, game consoles, laptops, hard drives, car batteries, fax machines, printers, cell phones, rechargeable batteries, projectors, telephones, toner cartridges, PDAs, and more. See the list of acceptable items.
Saturday, April 2, 2022
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Humble Middle School (Parking Lot)
11207 Will Clayton Parkway at Woodland Hills Drive
Disposal of COVID-19 At-Home Testing Kits
Pursuant to rules set by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, COVID-19 At-Home Testing Kits are considered medical waste and should be disposed of with your regular household garbage. DO NOT DISPOSE YOUR COVID-19 AT-HOME TESTING KITS WITH YOUR RECYCLING MATERIAL.
CHANGES TO GARBAGE COLLECTION. Effective August 8, 2021, the following will apply for garbage collection:
- Garbage cans may be used in addition to sturdy plastic bags for containing trash and yard waste.
- Limit of ten (10) bags / cans per collection day.
- Bulk items are limited to two (2) items per household per week.
- Bulk items are collected on Thursdays only.
- Due to the excessive amounts of regular household garbage, bulk items will not be collected on Thursdays following the weeks of Thanksgiving and Christmas.
26603 FM 2978, Magnolia, TX 77354
Mailing address: PO Box 1969 Tomball, TX 77377
Phone: 1 (866) 516-9805
Fax: (281) 357-0775
Please place garbage cans on the opposite side of the driveway from recycling bins so that garbage and recycling collectors may easily distinguish the difference for accurate collection.
Replacement Recycling Bin
If you are wanting to order a replacement Recycling Bin, please contact Si Environmental Customer Service at (832) 490-1600.
Excessive Heavy Garbage
2019-09-05: The District has received complaints regarding excessive heavy garbage left at curbs by occupants or previous occupants of residences in the District. Please be advised that pursuant to Section 5.A. of the District’s Amended Rate Order, “If, in the opinion of the District and/or its garbage collection provider, excessive garbage is left for collection by a renter of property within the District, then the property owner shall be responsible for removal of such garbage. If the property owner fails to remove the garbage from the property within five (5) days of receipt of written notification regarding removal of such garbage from the property, then the District will remove the garbage and backcharge the owner for such removal.”
- Garbage Collection Guidelines (PDF)
- Trash service days are Monday and Thursday.
- Recycling service days are Thursday.
- Items must be placed out curbside by 7:00 am.
- Up to ten (10) cans/bags of properly contained household waste each weighing less than 40 pounds will be accepted for weekly pickup.
- Trash will be collected curbside (must be placed within three feet (3’) of curb).
- Yard waste, and bulk items will be collected curbside.
- All trash and yard waste should be placed in sturdy plastic bags or garbage cans weighing no more than 40 pounds.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Bulk items will be picked up on Thursdays only, except the Thursday following Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is a limit of two (2) bulk items per household.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, toxic or radioactive waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), large sofas and sleepers over five (5) feet in length, furniture with metal frames and other metal items, improperly contained animal waste (animal waste must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Excluded Liquid Waste – Toxic or radioactive waste, Freon, paint, acids, petroleum products or filters are not accepted, cooking oil, or chemicals of any kind.
- Any CFC (Freon) item must be properly tagged by certified technician that all Freon has been properly removed in accordance with the Federal Clean Air Act regulations. If items are not tagged, they will be left at curb.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request.
- Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
- Recycling Items Accepted: Glass, plastics 1-7, thin plastic, paper, cardboard, tin/aluminum cans (only exception is Styrofoam in the #6 plastic category)
- No sorting of different types of recycling items is required, but Residential Recycling prefers, although does not require, that recycling items be placed in clear or light blue transparent bags before they are placed in the cart. Residential Recycling will not collect recycling items that are placed in black bags.
- Excluded Recycling items: Styrofoam, Computer Parts, Electronics, Batteries, Medical Waste, Biohazard, Fireworks, Ceramics, mirrors, porcelain, pottery, commercial glass, light bulbs, wire hangers, paint cans, baby diapers, Used paper towels, paper plates, or napkins, etc.
- Items that are for commercial use do not fall under the Household Recycling Umbrella.
- Holidays observed are: New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a scheduled pickup day, service will resume the next scheduled collection day following the holiday.
- Recycling Guidelines (PDF)
- Recycling material MUST be contained and secured in your recycling bin OR clear bags only. Recycling not contained properly WILL be disposed of with garbage collection.
- Clear garbage bags for recycling material can purchased at your local grocery store or on Amazon.com.