The District provides security services to the entire District through the Harris County Constable, Precinct No. 4 (“Precinct 4 Constable”). The District security fee is $6.00 per month.
To sign up for Vacation Watch, click here to be directed to the Precinct 4 Constable’s Vacation Watch request page. When completing the Vacation Watch Request form, select “Trail of the Lakes MUD” under Contract name.
Safety Tips and Reminders
Parking Lot Safety
- Lock your car when you get in or out of it.
- Inspect your car in and alongside of it before you get in.
- Park in a well-lit parking lot or under a street light.
- If you have car problems raise the hood; remain inside.
- Be wary of strangers; if you feel uncomfortable walking to your car ask for an escort in the store.
- Place bags and shopping packages in the trunk of your car; keep them out of sight and out of mind.
- When returning to your vehicle, scan the area, carry keys in your hand, unlock the door and get in quickly and lock yourself inside.
- Develop an alert posture, Walk with a purpose.
- Do not walk along parking lots or streets without looking around for danger.
- Stop frequently and look around.
- Carry a sound making device and small flashlight.
- Try to give the appearance that you are alert. Even if it’s rainy or windy, keep your head up and look around. Attackers target those people they think are weak and unsuspecting.
- Be careful in providing assistance to strangers who approach you, often they intend to steal from you or harm you.
- Do not participate in any situation to make money that seems too good to be true. It will be.
Home and Car Protection
- Keep your home and car locked at all times.
- Never leave your keys in the ignition, even parked in the garage.
- Use a locking device on your steering wheel.
- Alarms can be very useful for both cars and homes, but we must activate them.
- Record with a camera the contents of your home or apartment, store the photos or video tape in another location. Record the serial numbers of your valuable property for tracking purposes, if necessary.
- Conspicuously engrave your property with your driver’s license number. It discourages theft.
- If going out of town for a few days, put lights on a timer; stop mail and newspaper delivery.
- Ask a neighbor to watch your house and park in your driveway occasionally while you are out of town.
- Don’t discuss your travel plans to be out of town on social networking websites.
The District maintains a rolling two years of security reports on the website. To request older reports, please contact the District.