The West Harris County Regional Water Authority (Authority) has activated Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan effective September 6, 2023. Drought conditions in our region continue and have worsened. Groundwater usage within the Authority has risen dramatically. The Authority has determined that implementing Stage 2 is necessary to facilitate compliance with the Harris Galveston Subsidence District requirements.
Under Stage 2:
- All water users are asked to voluntarily reduce their water usage.
- All GRP Participants (including municipalities and districts on groundwater or surface water) are asked to implement one or more drought response measures in their respective Drought Contingency Plan.
The Authority’s operator will initiate weekly contact with water users having water supply commitments to discuss water supply and/or demand conditions. Water use will continue to be monitored. Another notice will be issued by the Authority if the drought stage changes.
Thank you for your cooperation. Drought conditions impact all of us. Please stay informed, use common sense, and avoid wasting water.
- A copy of the Authority’s Drought Contingency Plan is posted on the Authority’s website: www.whcrwa.com.
- Follow WHCRWA on social media for our weekly drought monitor reports.
- Visit www.whcrwa.com/drought for up-to-date drought resources.
- Visit https://whcrwa.net/20tips for 20 Tips on Conserving Water and Energy….